Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shipped off both the computrainer and one of my roller drums to their manufacturers for repair last week.

The computrainer has been behaving spuriously: pressing or removing power randomly in ergometer mode, or giving me random (and crazy) power readings in PC mode. We've fooled with it for a few weeks--Jen has the same issues when she rides it--but I finally bit the bullet, boxed it up and shipped it to the factory in Seattle. Hope I see it again in a few weeks.

I just plain broke one of the drums on my rollers ... popped the drum right off its bearing. The set is about eight years old, but Saris/Cyclops warranties them for life. So I called, and they were indeed generous about it. Told me to ship them the broken drum and they'd ship me a new one. So, I'm waiting on that, and hoping to see it this week.

Fortunately, we have a plan C for indoor cycling--our old fluid trainer. That means measuring perceived exertion instead of watts, counting cadence manually, and no SpinScan feedback. But I managed (I thought) a decent 2-hour ride Saturday with that. Still miss my computrainer, though.

Otherwise, this week was a lot like last. I even got sick again--Jen and I "shared" a stomach bug that put me out of commission on Thursday (she was down, unfortunately, for a couple of days).

Have a long way to go, but, I'm slowly but surely getting the hay in the barn.


Sunday: Run 9.3 miles @ 9:58/mile / zone 1-2
Monday: Morning weights. Afternoon run 45 minutes (treadmill)--15 w/u + 30 tempo @ 8:00 mile / 151 av HR (same workout in January @158, in early February @ 157)
Tuesday: Morning 60 minutes on computrainer; tempo ride / work sets in CP90 & zone 3-4
Wednesday: Morning swim @ 2900 yards; Afternoon run ... Mushy trails and Garmin battery died after a mile. Guessing I covered 5 miles in about 50 minutes.
Thursday: Off
Friday: Morning swim @ 2700 yards / ME work (lots of 75s of varying intensities); Afternoon run @ 4.25 miles in 40 minutes, zone 1-2
Saturday: 120 minutes on the fluid trainer. Work sets ranging from zone 1 - 3.

No comments: